Monday, June 20, 2011

2 Samuel 22

I’ve been following a reading plan to read the entire Bible in a year. I’m really enjoying it and getting a lot of out. I’m reading things in God’s Word I have never read before…or that I have read but is speaking to me differently. I love how alive and relevant God’s Word is!  I’ve gotten a little behind in my readings due to moving and then helping with Vacation Bible School. I don’t think it’s anything to fret about, though, as long as I am staying in the Word, etc. Anyway…

I have really enjoyed the 22nd chapter of 2 Samuel (read it…I promise you will not regret it!). It’s a Psalm of deliverance by David. I think it’s so beautiful.

One verse in particular has stuck out to me…

“For You are my lamp, O Lord; And the Lord illumines my darkness.” (vs. 29).

You see, I have been in a bit of a dark place the last year and a half or so. A place of depression and sadness and anxiety and confusion…and reading this verse is so comforting to me. (If you’ve been there or are there, I sure hope this verse brings comfort to you as well!). In the midst of dark moments/days/times, the Lord illumines my darkness. Oh I am so glad I have the Lord in this life. I treasure this verse…and I pray that I will remember it when life seems dark. And I hope & pray the same for you!

Thank you, Lord, for your Living Word!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was beautiful Rebecca! It's amazing how we sometimes forget how much the Word contains!

Rebecca said...

yes, that is true, bekah. and the beauty of this verse (and ALL of God's Word), is that it's true. like my friend and i were teaching our kids at vbs..."if it's in the Bible it's TRUE; if it's not in the Bible, it's NOT TRUE!"

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful verse. The Bible is so full of amazing messages...you can find everything you need in it! :0) I can't recall whether I've read 2Samuel all the way through, but I do recognize the verse you pointed out. Maybe that will be my next book to read.

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

Isn't it amazing how God uses His word to bring light to a dark place? And the words are just lit up for us too. There is nothing else like His word.

I haven't been in a dark place, but in a valley for much to long. It's pretty dry here, but I've heard valleys fill first, so I'm waiting for the rainfall. :)

Hope there is sunshine coming your way!

Liz said...

Thank you for sharing. I too have been there and you're right, it is a VERY encouraging verse, especially when you know it in your head, but have trouble feeling it in your heart!

Unknown said...

Wonderful post Rebecca! I actually read Psalm 18 this week, which is the same passage interestingly. I love the imagery and truth of the Father's love in the words, just amazing!