1. christmas in october. my grandpa & grandma w. have their christmas in october because the leave for florida in early november. it was fun to see lots of family. there are so many little kids running around again. unfortunately i only took 2 pictures...can you believe it?!
2. all dressed up. my girlies all dressed up for the party. and yes, leila and nadia are on the coffee table. it's the perfect place to take a picture sometimes b/c they will actually cooperate if only for the incentive of being on something that they aren't supposed to be!
3. this picture. one morning when jonathan was getting ready for work, libbs and leila came in our room wanting to sleep with me. since it would be time to get up soon anyway, i let them. when i woke up again, this is how they were sleeping. isn't it precious? and actually, they were holding hands before i grabbed the camera. love it!
4. pumpkin bread. yum...i just love pumpkin! i made the pumpkin bread for the christmas party. this week i'm planning to make a black bean & pumpkin chili (thanks to my sis-in-law sarah for the recipe!).
5. ephesians 4:32. a verse that has been speaking to me this week.
6. candy land. liberty got a candy land game for her first christmas from jonathan's sister bekah & family. we finally pulled it out to teach liberty to play. she's slowly getting the hang out of, but she doesn't have a lot of patience for getting to castle!
7. dinner with friends. we had dinner with tj & angela last week and had a really nice time. angela and i have been friends since 2nd grade...crazy, eh? they have 3 cutie kids...arianna-5, santino-2 1/2, and isabella-7 months. they made delicious homemade pizza, and we made a chocolate chip pumpkin cake (see the pumpkin again? yummy!).
8. leila's slow progress to sleeping better at night. it's very slow, but it does seem to be getting better. the first half of the night is fairly rough, but lately the second half of the night is much better.
9. liberty's memory. seriously, this girl can remember the craziest things. like cars. if she sees the type of car we have when we're out and about, she'll point it out and let us know that it's a car like ours but it's somebody else's. just the other day we were leaving target and parked next to our car was a red toyota corolla. well jonathan's parents have a red toyota camry. liberty immediately pointed to the car and said, "look daddy. a car like you mama's in california." and when i was telling her about the family christmas party the day before, she was asking which grandparents i was talking about. i told her it was my grandpa and memaw's daddy. she immediately said, "yeah, grandpa & grandma w.'s" (even though i hadn't used their last name in weeks). she amazes us all the time!
10. teeth. nadia's two bottom teeth are starting to come through now. well, one has broken through, and the other is starting to. no pictures b/c you can't see them real well yet, but i thought this picture i got of her looking through my cookbooks was too cute to pass up :).
11. leila vacuuming. the other day she kept pointing out the tiniest things on the floor wanting me to clean them up. finally i told her to just vacuum the floor. the silly girl actually got the vacuum out and unwound the cord! i plugged it in and she said, "i do it myself." (her new favorite phrase). i did help her out some. this girl loves helping me do anything around the house...cleaning, cooking, laundry...whatever it is, she's my little helper, and apparently the one who points out anything i still need to do! (please note that i did dress her that day...she stripped herself!)