it's tuesday again...i probably say this a lot, but time sure does fly by! not a real eventful week for us...just trying to keep up with the girls and with the housework. there's always some smiles to be found, however!
1. baby wraps. i think i'm in love...or at least serious like! you probably know i've tried out a few different baby carriers since having nadia (and really, i did try a couple different ones with leila as well). well, i have found my very favorite, and it's a wrap! i've seen them before, but i always thought they looked complicated and wasn't sure how secure baby would be. i recently ordered a wrap and i REALLY like it! once i practiced a few times with it, it wasn't nearly as complicated as it looked. it holds nadia nice and secure. it's very comfortable (it barely feels like i'm carrying her), and nadia is very content snuggled up to to me. anyway...isn't it fun?! i've used it several times in the whole one week i've had it.
2. scissors. and really, this is a smile and a frown, lol! i picked up some kid scissors recently because liberty has been begging me to use scissors, and i figure it's a good fine motor skills activity and all. she was doing pretty good with them...until i turned my back for 5 seconds and she cut out a small chunk of hair! it was probably a good 6 inch long hunk of hair from the back. it's not too noticeable because some of her hair falls over the area she cut.
3. these cute bean bag letters (actually, i used rice to fill them). i whipped them up for a friend's daughter's birthday. as you can see, i just did the letters of her name. they are really cute, but a bit time consuming!
4. my little diaper "helper" (or should i say troublemaker!). she was so proud of herself!
5. libbs and puny watching cartoons on the hide-a-bed...using the quilt my gram made for me when i graduated from high school. gotta' love it!
6. knitting. the other day when leila and nadia were napping i sat in my chair and knit while liberty was playing. she wanted to help me knit so bad, so i got her some extra yarn and a pair of needles so she could pretend to knit. she had a lot of fun with that...although eventually she gave up trying and used her needles and drumsticks.
7. this is two smiles in one, i guess. the first is pockets...is it just me, or is it one of the cutest thing ever when small children walking around with their hands in their pockets?! the second is leila wearing a sweater that was knit for me when i was a little girl (gram, did you knit this? mom thinks it was you). i love passing on that homemade love!
8. liberty. she says the funniest things every day. and wouldn't you know i can't think of anything right now...but just know she makes us smile and laugh with something she says every day (which is a good thing, since it counteracts the major attitude problem she's had of late!). oh, here's something...
liberty woke up one night when leila woke up...jonathan went in to take care of them.
daddy: go back to sleep libby. i love you.
libbs: thank you for loving me daddy. you can go now.
9. jonathan, my love. i'm so proud of him. he's growing so much in the Lord and it is so evident in the changes i've seen in him. and he's working so hard to take care of our family...i love him and the life we have together (the mountains AND the valleys!).10. Lamentations 3:22-25 "The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul. 'Therefore I have hope in Him.' The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him."
**please keep praying for the pollak family. their precious katelyn passed away...my heart is so heavy for them. landon, brennan and brooklyn still need all the prayers they can get...they have a long road ahead of them. nich & jennie also have a 3-yr-old daughter named hailey. i know they appreciate all the prayers and support.