Here are a few pictures from our first attempt to put pigtails in Liberty's hair. I had to fight her to get them in, but they were so cute! The top and sides of her hair still are not long enough to pull back!
Leila had her first feeding of cereal tonight. It was exciting and sad at the same time. I can't believe she's almost 4 months old already! For the past week or so she has been waking up a time or two at night to eat, so I figured it was time to give her something a little more filling. She did great. She made a funny face with every bite, but she ate it all. We thought Liberty would like to help feed Leila (she tries to feed her with baby doll spoons all the time), but Liberty was much more interested in feeding herself!
Yesterday we went to Frankenmuth's Snowfest to check out all the snow sculptures. They were really neat, but it was freezing cold! My feet were numb and sore by the time we were done. I thought I'd share a few pictures from our time there.
If ever there were a week that I needed to look at the good that has happened, it's this week. It's been a rather trying week for me with Liberty's binky withdrawals and the whole job situation for Jonathan. I know God has plan for us...I'm trying not to worry and to keep trusting God, but sometimes it's so easy to look at all the negatives. So, it's time to look at the positives from the past week.
1. My girls. They are so cute when the interact with each other. Liberty likes to try to help Leila do things, like roll over. She also love to give Leila kisses and say "yah you"...so precious! Leila is usually all smiles whenever she sees her big sister. I'm so glad my girls have each other. There's just something special about sisters.
2. This morning both girls were up earlier than usual and the three of us were on the floor playing. I started singing to the girls and Libbs decided to join in...I just love to hear her little voice and see the big smiles on her face.
4. Crafts. I'm thankful for something productive to do when I am feeling stressed out, or I just want to relax. I finally finished our nieces & nephews Christmas gifts (yes, I know...I'm a little behind!). I can't post pictures until we are able to mail them out, though.
5. Liberty's first sentence. Yesterday morning she was awake before us and jabbering in the crib. We tried to ignore her to see if she would go back to sleep and finally she said, "Liberty want down." Too cute!
6. This week we were able to hang out with my friend Angela and her two kids. Liberty just loves Arianna and Santino. She calls them "Ari" and "Nio." She is especially fond of Santino and does not like when his mom picks him up (she wants him down on the floor with her at all times)! It was nice to watch the kids play, and Angela and I were able to chat and craft a little.
7. MOPS. I really love this organization. It's so nice to get together with other moms and to have that extra support. And I love that the girls get to spend time with other kids their ages without Mama & Daddy around.
8. Something I am really happy about right now is that the girls go to bed for the night about the same time. This is so nice because then Jonathan and I have some time to spend together before going to bed ourselves. I savor our time alone together, and I know it's so important for our relationship, and for our kids, too.9. My sister. I love my sister, Ashlee. She means the world to me. It's so nice living here right now because I get to spend a lot of time with her. We always got along well when we were kids, but grew apart when I went away to college. It was actually when we were both pregnant with our first kids that we started growing close again, and I'm so thankful for that. I love just hanging out with my little sister.
10. These days I am thankful that Liberty and Daniel (my nephew) and getting along so well. When we first moved here Daniel did not like Liberty being around all the time...especially since Liberty followed him around and drove him crazy ;). Now they are getting along great...I think mostly because Daniel is finally getting used to being around other kids.And a few other cute pics...
It's been 4 days since we threw out Liberty's binky. It seems like every other night Libbs does ok, and the other nights she just can't seem to get over the attachment. Tonight she went to bed alright, but so far she has been up twice crying. The last time she was screaming and crying and would not calm down. This is made even more frustrating by the fact that all four of us share a room...which means Liberty's screaming could potentially wake up Leila. Leila did wake up tonight, but thankfully she went right back to sleep. She's pretty used to hearing Libbs, I guess. All I have to say is, I hope this ends soon! Does anyone have any tips on how to get Libbs to calm down when she does wake up really upset? Or how to somehow replace the binky. I keep encouraging her to pick baby dolls (her favorite toy) to take to bed with her, and she does, but they don't seem to help during the night. I think if she had her own room I wouldn't be so concerned about it, but with Leila in there, and us too, it's harder. I know it's only been four days, and she has had a couple of good nights, but it is still frustrating and upsetting to hear her so upset in there.
On another note, Jonathan started his job last night but he isn't really getting any hours...in fact he doesn't have a set time for his next work day. Please keep us in your prayers in the job department!
Today we finally decided we couldn't put off getting rid of Liberty's binky any longer. Every night Liberty is waking up several times because she has lost her binky. This might not be so bad if she had her own room and she could cry herself back to sleep...but that is not the case. Besides, the binky has to go some time! We has just been putting it off wondering how hard it will be!We started today at nap time. I put Libbs down and she looked for her binky right away. As soon as I closed the door to the room she started crying and proceeded to cry and scream for half an hour. She slept for about a half hour before waking up again crying. Jonathan got her up and changed her diaper and she was still acting really tired so he put her back down. She cried again for a bit before finally falling asleep and taking a good nap. Then tonight when she was ready to go to bed she was asking for her binky. We told her it was all gone and put her to bed. There were no tears or screams at all this time, and now she is sound asleep! Needless to say, we were SURPRISED!! I guess this may not be as hard as we originally thought. YEA! Hopefully this will help her sleep better at night (and in turn us as well!).
I also wanted to share how happy we are with how good Liberty is with Leila. She just loves her little sister...and Leila is mesmerized with Liberty as well. Liberty is always checking on Leila, trying to play with her, sharing toys with her, kissing her, and saying "ee-uh" (that's how Libbs says Leila's name). Here are a few pictures of Liberty & Leila interacting today...
And here are a couple pics of Leila trying to roll over...
And just a couple more pictures (I know, I know...I'm a little pictures cRaZy!)
Happy weekend, everyone! I've decided to attempt to blog at least once a week. I think it will be a good way to remind myself of the blessings in my life, big or small. So...here it goes...
1. Earlier today when I was at the computer checking my mail, Liberty came up beside and put her hands on my leg and said "yah you" (love you). It just melts my heart every time I hear those words come out of her mouth. Those words are especially dear to me on those days when my patience is thin and Liberty is so persistent in doing everything she's not supposed to do!
2. Today my dad stopped by to visit for a bit. Liberty LOVES her Poppo and he is so great with the girls. I was just sitting there watching as he read them a book...I'm just so thankful for family. I am proud of my parents...they have become wonderful grandparents! Jonathan's parents are awesome grandparents as well. I am so happy my girls have Poppo, Memaw, and Poppy & Gree in their lives. I know my children will be better people because of the love their grandparents show them.
3. I am so thankful for my husband. I don't know what I would do without him. He is so good to me and he is such a wonderful Daddy to our girls. He's also a very hard worker. Even though he has been out of work for months, he's still been working hard to get a job. Every day he is online scouring different sites and newspapers for jobs he can apply to. He's always sending his resume somewhere. I'm so proud of him and I love him more than words can say. I'm thankful for the time he's had at home with the girls and I, even if it has meant having no money. And I'm thankful for all the help he is with the girls and around the house. I couldn't ask for a better husband than Jonathan. I LOVE YOU!
5. Today we discovered that Liberty can count to four if you start her by saying "one." She is so proud of herself...and we are so proud of her! I cannot believe how much she is learning every day. It's amazing!
6. Leila...she is such a great baby! These days she loves to sit up and look around...especially when she is being held. She's so smiley and happy. She has been teething a bit, so she's been fussy at times and is a major drool machine!
7. Some people may say I'm crazy, but I LOVE the snow! It's so beautiful and pure and amazing. It is a beautiful reminder of what God has done in my life...taken away my sins and made me white (pure) as snow.
I suppose I will end there, but there are definitely many more smiles and blessings in my week. I do want to add a few more pictures just for fun...
Silly Cousins - Daniel & Liberty
I HAD to try putting a bow in her hair!
My sweet, beautiful girls!