hard to believe it’s thanksgiving tomorrow…we’re on our own this year, but i still plan to make a big, delicious meal. not a ton going on here.
1. a fresh pumpkin pie. i made a pumpkin pie today for tomorrow’s dessert…from scratch (as in from the actual pumpkin). it smells really good.
2. also today, i made playdoh for the girls. purple for liberty, pink for leila. it turned out great. i think it’s better than store-bought. unfortunately, liberty decided to play with her water and dumped it all over her playdoh. now it’s ruined (which makes for an unhappy mama after all that work…plus the attitude from libbs isn’t helping).
3. the girls tried to put on a music show for me this morning. i wanted to get video of it, but realized my camera doesn’t take video. lame. each of the girls tried out my flute, but got frustrated when they couldn’t make sounds come from it. they also tried out my irish whistle (that i got in ireland!).
4. lately if leila is “missing,” you can often find her in her toy box chattering away with the toys :).
5. liberty’s hair. she keeps trying to do her own hair to make herself look stylish (her own words)…check out one of her creations:
6. hand print turkeys….always fun!
7. soaking feet. after jonathan runs (for work) he sometimes soaks his feet…this particular time the girls wanted to try it out too. cuteness!
8. playing in the snow!!! the girls actually stayed out for an hour that day!
9. and of course there has to be hot cocoa when the snow fun is done!
10. finishing my winter scarf. i really like how it turned out. i have more projects on my needles now :)
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!!