Friday, May 21, 2010

i don't know

my dad passed away. less than a week from when he was sent home from the hospital, he is gone. i just can't believe it. i don't know what i am going to do without my daddio around. i miss him so much. wednesday morning my mom called to tell me he had been found dead at his house. heart attack. i flew out to michigan the very next day. these last couple of days have been packed full with planning his service with my sister. i never thought i'd be in charge of something like that at such a young age. it seems unreal. and explaining all of this to my girls...oh my. jonathan and the girls had to stay back in cali...we couldn't afford for all of us to come out. it's very hard. one of these days i will write a little post in memory of my dad. he and i were close. my heart is breaking.

the service for my dad is on monday. i'm here for a week and a half after that so my sister and i can take care of his estate. i think i'm rambling a bit.

everyone keeps asking how i'm doing...the answer: i don't know.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

rebecca...i am continuing to hold you up in prayer. and, honestly, i don't know what else to say. praying. praying. praying. it seems like so little...even though i know it is so big.

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

I'm with Amanda, I will be praying for you. That must be so difficult, particularly since it was unexpected. I am so, so sorry for your loss. I hope that you are comforted by wonderful memories of you and your dad together. Take care of yourself and I hope to see that extra special post soon.

Liz said...

Oh Rebecca, I'm so sorry to hear of your father's passing. What a tough time for you and the rest of your family.
We are praying for you, Jonathan, and your sweet girlies during this difficult time. :)