Tuesday, February 28, 2012

It’s been a while…

I guess there’s not a ton new to say. Last week we tagged along with Jonathan to Cody, where he was working for the week. The first part of the week we were in a hotel with no pool, so on Wednesday we switched hotels and that made everything easier and nicer for the girls and I. Also nice was that the hotel was virtually empty, so the employees let the girls run up and down the hallway and we spent some time hanging out in the lobby when the room got too boring. And of course we did a lot of swimming.

001

While we were in Cody, Liberty lost her first tooth. On Thursday night it was barely hanging in her gums. She wanted us to help her get it out, but would barely let us touch the tooth. She was so afraid it would hurt that her face was pale. Poor thing.

002excited her tooth is almost out

003

004can you see the fear?

005look at that pale, scared face…poor baby…

Later that night after the girls were asleep, I looked over at their bed and found this:

006they really do love each other.  this pic makes me tear up…they are so precious and I just love them so much.

The next morning they all wanted pig tails in their hair…aren’t they cute?

007

And then Liberty wanted to work on her tooth again, so I gave her a tissue and told her to wiggle the tooth all around. She did that in front of the mirror while watching cartoons. At one point she took her hand out of her mouth to check on the tooth, and it was gone. She found it in the tissue. She was so surprised that she didn’t feel it come out…and so proud.

008

Back at home, Nadia got a birthday present in the mail from Poppy and Gree…she loves dresses and leggings, so this was perfect… She also got a Minnie Mouse card from them with a Minnie crown…

011013

The girls did a little crafting yesterday and decorated some little canvas purses…

012

I did a little crafting as well…a gift for our little friend Noah who turns 2 on Thursday. Super easy to make, and since I found the hoodie on clearance, it was also super cheap! It’s a dinosaur, because that’s what Noah loves… Found the tutorial here.

014015016

And these little cuties just love to dance…all day long…(Leila and Nadia):

017018

019

Let’s see…what else? Libbs is doing good with school. She’s working on reading, writing and math mostly. Leila and Nadia like to do school work, too…working on letters and numbers with them. Also working on memorizing scripture with all 3 of them.

I’m working on my first fair isle type knitting project. I’ve been wanting to try one for a long time, but have been afraid to. Now that I have finished the design part of my current project (a gift for our niece due in April), I’m wondering why I was so afraid…it’s been much easier than I thought. Although I don’t think I left enough give in the yarn on the inside as there is some puckering. I’ll post pics when the project is finished.

Oh, and this is me at 28 weeks (I’m 29 now…)

006

I got a couple of early birthday gifts this last week as well. A Kindle touch, a pair of western boots, and a dress coat. Thanks to my hubby and my inlaws for the gifts.

And I have to share this passage of scripture that I read today during my quiet time…

“For by these He has granted to us His precious and magnificent promises, so that by them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world by lust. Now for this very reason also, applying all diligence, in your faith supply moral excellence, and in your moral excellence, knowledge, and in your knowledge, self-control, and in your self-control, perseverance, and in your perseverance, godliness, and in your godliness, brotherly kindness, and in your brotherly kindness, love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they render you neither useless nor unfruitful in the true knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. For he who lacks these qualities is blind or short-sighted, having forgotten his purification from his former sins. Therefore, brethren, be all the more diligent to make certain about His calling and choosing you; for as long as you practice these things, you will never stumble.”

-2 Peter 1:4-10

The whole chapter is really good, but this part stuck out to me today, so I’ve been pondering it… There are some pretty amazing promises in the Bible that God has made to us…don’t you think?

1 comment:

KRunyon said...

For not having a lot going on you sure are busy! :-) I'm working on my first fair isle project too. Although, you are far faster at completing things than I am. Can't wait to see pictures!