some smiles from the past week:
1. nadia’s crazy hair after nap time one day.
2. finishing leila’s scarf (she was super happy about it :)
3. nadia hugging on the puppy puppet that was mine when i was a baby.
4. girls who want their picture taken (and how can i resist the cuteness?!)
5. homemade peppermint bark…YUM!!! recipe found here.
6. two little girls enjoying said peppermint bark :)
7. one little girl who still likes to hang out in cupboards :)
8. finishing a little project for myself with the yummy purple yarn i posted about last week. it was my first time using a lace weight yarn. and i love this scarf so much i want to make it in multiple colors!
9. making Christmas cookies with my girls. this sugar cookie recipe came from my great grandma. growing up, my sister and i always made and decorated these cookies with our parents every year. i want it to be a tradition with my girls, too.
10. and of course enjoying the fruits of their labor…eating a cookie and the rest of the frosting!!
11. my girls saying sweet things to me out of the blue (like, “you’re my favorite mom.”)
12. “Wait for the Lord; Be strong and let your heart take courage; Yes, wait for the Lord.” Psa. 27:14
13. “But certainly God has heard; He has given heed to the voice of my prayer. Blessed be God, Who has not turned away my prayer nor His lovingkindness from me.” Psa. 66:19-20
is everyone ready for Christmas? what are your plans?