Monday, April 25, 2011

Matching Dresses

I made the girls matching dresses for Easter.  I cut out all the pieces last week…and then when I started sewing Liberty’s dress I realized it was too small for Nadia, let alone Liberty!!  After talking to my friend who gave me the dress pattern, I found out she made the same mistake…the directions weren’t quite clear.  Thankfully I had just enough material left over to make the girls’ dresses.  I think they turned out really cute…and I think it’s so fun to put them all in matching clothes.  The girls were really excited about the dresses as well.

The dresses (they tie in the back):

205207

Liberty (who is turning 5 on Sunday!!):

008009010

Leila (3 1/2):

005006007

Nadia (2):

001002003

All 3 of my girlies:

014016017

I hope everyone had a blessed Resurrection Day!  It’s absolutely amazing to me that Jesus would sacrifice Himself like that for ME! I’m so thankful for His love.  At the very end of Luke it talks about Jesus’ ascension…it says, “And He led them out as far as Bethany, and He lifted up His hands and blessed them. While He was blessing them, He parted from them and was carried up into heaven. And they, after worshipping Him, returned to Jerusalem with great joy, and were continually in the temple praising God.” (Luke 24:50-53).  May we also praise God continually!!

6 comments:

KRunyon said...

Precious! I love the blue and your girls look so darling. Are those pillow case dresses? I think I'd like to attempt one for T this summer… we'll see!

Amy's Blah, Blah, Blogging said...

You did a great job! They looked awesome in their dresses!

Anonymous said...

They're beautiful, Rebecca! Great job! Happy Easter! XO

Anonymous said...

Absolutely LOVE the dresses!!! Great job mama! <3

Michelle said...

Your girls are adorable! Those dresses are too cute as well! Thanks for your comment on my blog!

ruth said...

Their dresses are adorable. I can remember wearing matching dresses when i was a kid too:).