Saturday, July 30, 2011

How Deep the Father’s Love for Us

While I was in Michigan, I picked up Selah’s CD “You Deliver Me.” If you haven’t heard them, check them out! I’ve been a fan of their music for years now and have never been disappointed by an album. They sing a lot of hymns and such. One song on this particular album that has been sticking out to me (I’ve listened to to it over and over and over), is “How Deep the Father’s Love for Us.” I think Selah’s version is the most beautiful I've heard of this hymn. And the lyrics…oh my. I’ve sung this song growing up in church, but haven’t really ever soaked in the lyrics. I cannot even accurately describe how this song makes me feel. I thought I would share the lyrics here. I tried to include the video in the blog, but I’m not tech savvy enough to figure out how to do it. Instead, here’s the link to the youtube video! Please listen to the song…you won’t regret it!

Lyrics:

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure


How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One
Bring many sons to glory


Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my barking voice
Call out among the scoffers


It was my sin that held Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished


I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection


Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
(repeat)

2 comments:

Mandy said...

What a great song!

Anonymous said...

I love that song. Welcome home!