Friday, January 25, 2008

Counting My Blessings

If ever there were a week that I needed to look at the good that has happened, it's this week.  It's been a rather trying week for me with Liberty's binky withdrawals and the whole job situation for Jonathan.  I know God has plan for us...I'm trying not to worry and to keep trusting God, but sometimes it's so easy to look at all the negatives.  So, it's time to look at the positives from the past week.

1.  My girls.  They are so cute when the interact with each other.  Liberty019 likes to try to help Leila do things, like roll over.  She also love to give Leila kisses and say "yah you"...so precious!  Leila is usually all smiles whenever she sees her big sister.  I'm so glad my girls have each other.  There's just something special about sisters.

2.  This morning both girls were up earlier than usual and the three of us were on the floor playing.  I started singing to the girls and Libbs decided to join in...I just love to hear her little voice and see the big smiles on her face. 

3.  Saving money.  This week I made my own baby wipes (thanks for 016017the "recipe," Amanda!).  They work great and smell nice, too.  I am all for doing things that save some money!

 

4.  Crafts.  I'm thankful for something productive to do when I am feeling stressed out, or I just want to relax.  I finally finished our nieces & nephews Christmas gifts (yes, I know...I'm a little behind!).  I can't post pictures until we are able to mail them out, though.

5.  Liberty's first sentence.  Yesterday morning she was awake before us 010and jabbering in the crib.  We tried to ignore her to see if she would go back to sleep and finally she said, "Liberty want down."  Too cute! 013

6.  This week we were able to hang out with my friend Angela and her two kids.  Liberty just loves Arianna and Santino.  She calls them "Ari" and "Nio."  She is especially fond of Santino and does not like when his mom picks him up (she wants him down on the floor with her at all times)!  It was nice to watch the kids play, and Angela and I were able to chat and craft a little.

008027 029

7.  MOPS.  I really love this organization.  It's so nice to get together with other moms and to have that extra support.  And I love that the girls get to spend time with other kids their ages without Mama & Daddy around.

8.  Something I am really happy about right now is that the girls go to bed for the night about the same time.  This is so nice because then Jonathan and I have some time to spend together before going to bed ourselves.  I savor our time alone together, and I know it's so important for our relationship, and for our kids, too.

9.  My sister.  I love my sister, Ashlee.  She means the world to me.  It's 193so nice living here right now because I get to spend a lot of time with her.  We always got along well when we were kids, but grew apart when I went away to college.  It was actually when we were both pregnant with our first kids that we started growing close again, and I'm so thankful for that.  I love just hanging out with my little sister. 

10.  These days I am thankful that Liberty and Daniel (my nephew) and 663getting along so well.  When we first moved here Daniel did not like Liberty being around all the time...especially since Liberty followed him around and drove him crazy ;).  Now they are getting along great...I think mostly because Daniel is finally getting used to being around other kids.  

And a few other cute pics...

018012 014 020

1 comment:

Amanda said...

so glad that the wipes worked...and that you are able to count your blessings. every time i come and visit i wish that we lived closer...i truly think we would enjoy one another in the "real" world...and our "libs" would enjoy one another as well..right!? :) keep on remembering those blessings...and i will definitely keep you guys in my prayers!