Saturday, February 23, 2008

Counting My Blessings

This week has flown by!  I was surprised to realize yesterday that it was Friday! 

1.  Our income tax return!  It came at a great time, and while we aren't able to use it as we had planned because Jonathan's not working full time, it was definitely a blessing.  We were able to keep up on our bills and even completely pay off a couple of nagging bills!  What a great feeling!

2.  Great deals on new shoes!  I got a cute new pair of tennis shoes from 020Steve & Barry's (for those of you who haven't heard of this store, everything there is $10 or less and it's nice stuff...there are even celebrities who make clothing/shoe lines for the store).  I also found the cutest little cowgirl boots for Liberty on clearance at Sears.  I think I'm more excited about Liberty's shoes than my own! :)   And Libbs likes her new boots so much she would not take them off at nap time today!019 021

3.  MOPS playdate.  I always enjoy getting together with the ladies from MOPS.  It's nice to let the kids play while us moms visit and snack on goodies.

4.  A haircut!  I have been needing/wanting a haircut for months now and I finally got one.  I feel much better!  I also got some tips on how to help out my ever thinning hair.  I'm going to try one of the shampoos out, so wish me luck!

022027

5.  Right now I am so excited that my sister will be having her baby soon.  Her due date is just around the corner and she's measuring 40+ weeks.  I cannot wait to hold my brand new nephew!  It is extra exciting because with her first baby we were living in California and I wasn't able to meet my nephew until he was 10 months old. 

6.  A yummy catfish dinner cooked by my hubby tonight. 

7.  Getting better sleep this week.  For a while Liberty kept waking up crying once or twice a night and had a hard time going back to sleep...and then with Leila waking up once a night to eat (growth spurt?!), we just weren't getting a lot of sleep at night (at least I wasn't).  Liberty is finally sleeping good again and that is making a huge difference!  Yea for sleep!

8.  Craft shopping tomorrow!  I finally have a little money to get some things for projects I have been wanting to work on.  I can't wait to get crafting (knitting, sewing, etc..)!

9.  My supportive hubby.  With some personal stuff going on I know that I have been somewhat cranky, and I just want to say I am very thankful for my hubby's comforting arms and listening ear.  I love him!

10.  Finally being able to mail out our Christmas gifts to our nieces & nephews in Cali, and to Jonathan's parents.  I cannot wait for them to receive their gifts in the near future!  (I'll post pics after they've received the gifts)

011 014

016 017

018 023

025

1 comment:

Angela's Space said...

Hey those look like my new shoes! ;-) ok, back to packing!