since i was missing in action last week i thought i better add some extra smiles this week. no real excuses for my lack of posting...just being lazy i guess. we've had a pretty good week here. i can hardly believe leila's first birthday is just one week from tomorrow. where has the time gone?! alright...on to the smiles...
1. my pregnancy is going well. i'm 23 weeks now. went to the hospital this morning to be checked out b/c i was feeling funny (almost like when i started labor with the girls). everything is fine. the baby is doing well. s/he had a good strong heartbeat and moved around quite a bit. heart rate was 140's/150's. it made me feel better just to hear the heartbeat. such a beautiful sound! while i was there my doctor ordered all my prenatal blood work and such, so it was nice to get that out of the way. i should also be scheduled for an ultrasound soon...within the next week or two. i'm sooo excited!
2. playdates. i've been enjoying taking the girls to playdates every week. it's been nice to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones. the girls are really enjoying the time with other kids, too.
3. leila's new blanket. last week my gram sent leila a blanket she made for her. it's so cute and warm and cuddly. and it has leila's name and bday on it, which is fun!!
4. dryers. who knew they could be so fun! i was working on some laundry and i took a load from the dryer out to the living room. when i went back in the laundry room to get liberty, this is how i found her:
5. kidtown. this is a park in town...one of those big wooden structures. it's so fun to take the girls there. last week when jonathan and i took the girls we happened to run into jonathan's sister sarah and her girls.
6. leila's first pair of shoes. we picked those up last week...and today she decided to take 21 small steps in a row! i can't believe my baby girl is starting to walk.
7. a waterfight. jonathan was washing the car last week and liberty was loving the spraying water..so jonathan started spraying her. so cute!
8. not sure what's so fun about playing under the kitchen table, but it kept liberty occupied for a while.
9. ponytails. check out the pictures...they say it all!
10. my beautiful girls. i love them so much (despite the temper tantrums, sleepless nights and disobedience lately...).
11. this pic of leila trying to put her sock on...just thought it was so cute!
12. this pic of liberty. this is what happens during a temper tantrum if the child is not careful (she hit her face on a cabinet door)...
13. daddy and libbs time.
14. i finished a new hat for leila....here she is showing it off. it's a tad big, but the one i made when she was a newborn was too snug. i'm ready for some new hat patterns, so if anyone has any cute (not too hard) baby and/or toddler hat patterns...send them my way!! :)
15. family walks. jonathan and i have been trying to take advantage of any nice weather in the evenings and going for walks with the girls. it's really nice to enjoy the fresh air together. liberty loves to get out of the stroller and walk for the last leg of the trip.
16. my wonderful hubby. i love him. and i know i don't show that enough or how much i appreciate him. i take him for granted sometimes, but i'm working on not doing that. so....I LOVE YOU, JONATHAN!!