there’s a stomach bug going around here. jonathan got it…then puny, and today liberty had it. i felt sick all day yesterday, but never actually got sick. hoping and praying it stays that way.
we got the girls some preschool workbooks recently, so today i sat down with libbs and leila while nadia was napping and we did a little bit of “school.” both girls were excited and they did pretty good. afterward liberty declared that school wasn’t fun (i think it’s because she didn’t like following the directions, haha).
anyway…on to a few smiles from the week…
1. story time at the library. we’re enjoying meeting new people, hearing new stories, and doing crafts. fun times!
2. so far nadia and i haven’t gotten sick…
3. workout dvd’s. i ordered a few so that i have something to do indoors now that the winter weather is beginning to hit. i tried one out today…whew!
4. enjoying some time in the sunshine. we had a few really nice and sunny days this week, so the girls and i enjoyed some time playing outside in the back yard.
5. purple. liberty’s favorite color is purple, and when we were outside playing she wanted me to take a pic of her with all her purple (purple hat, purple shirt & pants, purple flip flops, purple bucket & purple shovel).
6. this is nadia experiencing a taste of dirt. she was eating it by the shovel-full…and she did it more than once…crazy kid!
7. another project off the needles…a dish rag (although in the photo it’s not finished yet). and another one started…a new winter hat for nadia to match her sisters (pattern matches, not color).
8. our little doctors…libbs & leila taking care of a sick daddy.
9. family movie night :)
10. a silly libbs…check out what she was using to eat her mac & cheese the other day…
11. being prepared for the snow…and becoming a pro online shopper, haha! this town doesn’t have a lot, so there are lots of things i have been ordering online (or we’ll get when we are able to go out of town). i got leila some snow pants for $7 including shipping. now we are waiting on boots for libbs & i, and mittens for all 3 girls. it feels good to know that now we are ready for the crazy wyoming winter.
12. the 3 girlies playing together…
13. i’m thankful for encouraging friends.
14. 1 Peter 5:7 “cast all your cares upon HIM, for HE cares for you.” i am so incredibly thankful for a God who cares about me and my needs…big and little. it’s very comforting. sometimes i don’t remember to do this…and i’m thankful for the reminder.