Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Good Day

Today was a good day. The sun was shining, the skies were blue, the air was warm, and the wind was minimal (which is great for Wyoming! I opened the back door while the girls played outside and let some fresh air flow into the house. The girls keep asking if it’s spring now, but I tell them no because I’m sure this is just a teaser and we’ll get another snow storm yet, ha!

This morning I cleaned out the girls’ room (again…I tend to do this every month or 2). I got rid of more toys, and then of course got rid of any papers and random things they thought they should keep but were really garbage. And I reorganized their closet. I also tamed our laundry room, haha! In planning this home birth they would like you to keep your washer and dryer empty when you go into labor so things can be soaked/washed, etc. I keep looking in my laundry room thinking that will NEVER happen with 3 little ones around…but I at least keep up better with the laundry so it doesn’t look like hurricane of dirty laundry in there. Today I made that happen…now to keep it up for easier access and labor/delivery time.

The girls ate lunch out on the deck today…they were so happy out there basking in the sun.

006Leila & Nadia

007Liberty posing

008Basking in the warmth of the sun! (Nadia & Leila)

After lunch, outside time and quiet hour, we decided to head to the park. I sent a text to a couple of friends and they met us there. We spent over 2 hours there and it was a lot of fun. I have to admit, my back is super sore from all the playing I did with the kids (like bringing tears sore), but it was totally worth it. The kids all had fun and I enjoyed visiting with my friends, too. I didn’t bring my camera, so no pics. Afterward the girls and I stopped at Subway for dinner and ate there (Liberty’s request)…which turned out to be nice b/c it was less mess for me to clean and no dishes (sorry wonderful Subway employees!). We came home and did baths, stories and bed. They were all so worn out. Perfect. Now I’m getting ready to take some Tylenol and knit before I go to sleep.

Here are a couple other pictures just for fun. The first is Nadia posing for Liberty to take a picture. In the other 2 pics the girls are playing with some knitting needles and yarn “knitting.” They were watching me knit and wanting to learn how to as well…so I just gave them some yarn and needles to play with…I think I will try to teach Liberty some time in the near future.

003

004Leila & Liberty

005Nadia

That’s about it. Just wanted to share about our good day…I think getting lots accomplished, having lots of outside time, and the kids not needing much discipline today made it great! Thank you LORD for the beautiful day!

1 comment:

designHER Momma said...

this weekend my only real goal is to clean out the girls room. Which is oh, very overwhelming. But I can do it....