Sunday, March 25, 2012

My First Fair Isle Project

I knit my first Fair Isle project. I’ve been wanting to try fair isle knitting for a while now, but the patterns look so intimidating. Then I found a cute baby sweater pattern for a girl that I just had to knit for our new niece due in April. I decided it was time to quit fearing the patterns and just try it out. And it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. However, there were plenty of mistakes in the finished sweater…but I still think it turned out cute…and my sister-in-law is happy with it as well. This was also my first cardigan sweater.

001The front while blocking002Up close of the Tulips004006007I added a little card with extra buttons and yarn, and a note about washing care.

2 comments:

KRunyon said...

You are my hero. Honestly. I am still on row 9 of my fair isle hat. I really enjoy doing it, but I'm definitely not as fast as you! WELL DONE! It's adorable.

designHER Momma said...

oh dear, this is so lovely. Tulips and knitting, two of my favorite things...

Well done!