Saturday, April 5, 2008

Counting My Blessings

It's been a very difficult couple of weeks for me.  Losing my baby has been so hard.  Even though we only knew about the baby for a short time, I was in love and dreaming of life with 3 children.   There are other things going on in my life, too, as many of you know.  Jonathan's crazy job situation.  Our living situation.  My parents' divorce is supposed to be finalized this month.  It just seems like so much right now.  I was reminded this week of I Thess. 5:16-18.  "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."  The part that really sticks out to me is, "give thanks in all circumstances."  I am working hard to give all of this to God and to be thankful.  The verse doesn't say give thanks in the good times, it says in ALL circumstances.  That means the good and the bad.  That's not to say I'm not grieving the things in my life, especially the loss of my baby.  I'm just trying to focus more on God.  It's hard!  So...on to the smiles of the past week or so...

1.  Lamentations 3:22-23.  "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  This verse has been a big comfort to me this week.  I will not be consumed by grief because God's love for me is so great.  Thank you!

2.  Another great verse is Psa. 46:1.  "God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

3.  Wonderful friends and family who have been so supportive and uplifting.

4.  My fun new baby carrier (no, I didn't make it!).  There's another one I'd like to try as well, but I'd like to see if I can find a pattern to make it.  Leila loves being snuggled close to me, so this sling has been great!051

0015.  Making a pair of super cute shoes for Leila.  I have material to make her one more pair, and to make a pair for my nephew, Sidney.  I love that they don't fall off her feet!  And her feet are so little there's plenty of growing room!

002 005

6.  Liberty's first time rollerskating.  My friend's daughter, Arianna, had her birthday party at the skating rink this year.  Liberty loved skating around the rink.  She was being kind of shy for pictures, though!015 016

7.  A fun Goodwill shopping trip with my sister last weekend.  We both got some great stuff for little money! 

8.  MOPS.  I always have such a good time with the ladies there.  I love having that "mom time."  It's so good to be able to share in each other's lives.  And they have been a great source of encouragement and support to me since losing my baby.

9.  Making a sweet baby bonnet at MOPS.  LOVE IT!!009 011

10.  Elizabeth George's book "A Woman After God's Own Heart."  Particularly the chapter on prayer.  Prayer is something I have at time struggled with...in reading this chapter this week I was reminded of how very important setting that time aside with God is.  I've really let that special time fade away to almost nothing lately, which is crazy since this is when I am needing it the most!  I felt really inspired to spend more time with my Savior after reading this chapter.  I also read this quote from Susanna Wesley, "Grant that it may not be in the power of any to rob me of the peace which results from a firm trust in Thee.  Whenever crosses or troubles are met without, may all be well within."  I love that!

049 050

012 016

018 019

023

1 comment:

Amanda said...

so good to see your abundance of blessings in the midst of a rough week. it looks as though you have had a bit of time for crafting...and I LOVE leila's little shoes...such cute fabric. hoping your monday is enjoyable...is it warm and sunny up your way yet?