Monday, May 19, 2008

Rebecca is...

...having a bit of a breakdown today.  Seriously...it's not a good idea for a 2 year old and a 7 month old to share a room.  We actually don't have a choice for that right now as all 4 of us have to share a room.  Let me tell you, it's not fun!  Today it was time to put the girls down for a nap...I put Leila down first because Libbs was watching Jonathan drive away out the window.  By the time I brought Libbs in the room to lay her down, Leila was asleep.  I put Libbs in bed and left the room.  Minutes later I hear Liberty yelling out that obnoxious sound I told you about a few blogs ago (the one that makes Leila cry).  At first Leila continued to sleep through it, when suddenly Liberty yelled it out as long and as loud as she could.  Of course Leila woke up screaming and crying.  I went in there after a while to deal with Liberty and this noise she makes.  She cried.  I left.  She continued to make the awful noise, which meant Leila just kept crying and screaming, which meant the noise continued, which meant Leila kept crying...you get the picture.  This happens on a daily basis.  Seriously!  And you'd think since Leila's nap times are so interrupted and short in the day time she would be knocked out for the night, but you'd be wrong!  She has been having awful nights...waking up several times, sometimes not going back to sleep right away.  I'm not sure how much more of this I can handle.  I know it doesn't help that we are all in the same room, but it's not optional.  I would relish some advice is any has any!!!  Thanks for taking the time to read my venting thoughts.

2 comments:

Liz K said...

Oh Rebecca! I am so sorry! That is so hard! I am sorry I really don't have any advice at this point either! One of the biggest things though that I have learned in the last 13 months of being a mom is pray about it. God knows how to make those kids calm down. And He will give you the wisdom to know what to do. I will be praying they sleep!

Liz K said...

How has the sleeping been going? I've been praying!