this may look like a strange picture, but i just wanted to show you the bites from the spiders that have been attacking me in the night. now, i haven't actually seen a spider bite me, but we have had an abundance of spiders in the apartment lately, even one crawling in our bed one night when we were reading to each other. ewww!!! for some reason i am the only one getting LOTS of bites. i usually get a new one almost every night. it's so crazy. this picture is just some of the bites i've had so far. they are itchy and annoying and i cannot stand them! i've been looking for a way to stop the itching with things i have at home and i finally found something that works! and it's really simple. mix baking soda with water into a paste and apply to bites (let dry). i got instant relief! alright...on to the smiles from the week :).
1. liberty's random acts of love for leila. all throughout the day she will randomly walk up to leila and give her a hug or kiss or some other sweet gesture. so cute. of course, in the next moment she's libel to just push leila over or try to pick her up from her neck...but you can see that she loves her little sister!
2. watching the train. this is one of liberty's favorite activities...pretty much since we moved here!! as soon as she hears the train whistle she yells out, "i hear train!!!"
3. our little climber...or as we like to call her, our monkey! that would be liberty. the girl wants to climb EVERYTHING!! she'll even tell me she wants to climb the ceiling...yikes! can you see her in there??
4. it is now less than 20 days until the girls and i fly out to cali (17 days from today, actually)!!!
5. sleeping babies. there's just something precious and innocent about a sleeping baby. you can't help but love watching them sleep!
6. liberty's "pool." i remember as little girls my sister and i always played with this big tupperware container my mom had...we would make it into a "pool" for our barbies and other toys. so much fun! the other day leila was napping and i was trying to think of something different for liberty to do and i remembered our made up pool....so i made one for liberty. she absolutely loved it and asks for it every day. such a fun little thing...it makes a mess, but it's only water!!
7. oreos and milk. the best way to eat oreos (at least according to me). libbs and i were sharing some oreos the other day and of course i had to teach her the art of eating them with milk. quite a messy job, but tasty!
8. the book "tuesdays with morrie." i'm about halfway through it and it is very good! has anyone else read this book? over the weekend i was especially struck by morrie's quote, "the culture we have does not make people feel good about themselves. and you have to be strong enough to say if the culture doesn't work, don't buy it." such a true statement...and not an easy thing to do at times.
9. naps on the weekends. oh this has to be one of my favorite things right now. i could actually use a couple of naps every day, but since liberty isn't really napping anymore i don't get to nap either! however, my hubby is home on the weekends and i always take advantage of a good nap while he is here to take care of the girls.
10. making progress on a knitting project.11. and one more smile w/ a ton of pictures just for fun! playing outside yesterday. it was an overcast day and therefore cooler outside, so the girls and i enjoyed some time out in front of our apartment. there's not much out there besides rocks, but the girls loved it! and so did mama! leila was trying to figure out the stairs. she did get up a couple of them, but she didn't seem to be a big fan of the stairs in the end. maybe because they were cement. who knows. it was cute anyway! thanks for putting up with all my pictures! we hope you have a great week and are finding lots of things to smile about in life! :)