Friday, March 28, 2008

Counting My Blessings

 

I haven't been blogging much the past couple weeks.  There are several reasons (I'm tried, I'm busy with the girls, etc), but I will try to be better about posting from now on.  I don't have much in the way of new pictures because my camera battery died and I'm waiting for a rechargeable one to come in the mail.  Here are some smiles from the last couple of weeks:

1.  The new babe growing in my belly.  I just love being pregnant.  I have had a couple of problems this week that scared me a bit, but the ladies at the doctor's office don't seem to thing it's a big deal.  As for me, I am being a bit of a worrywart.  I just want some solid evidence the baby is there and doing well...but I'll just have to trust and wait.  Proverbs 3:5-6 is a passage I have been relying on this week.

2.  To go along with #1, I am thankful for my hubby who stayed home from work on Wednesday to take care of the girls so I could rest.  He's so good to the girls and I!

3.  I am also thankful for supportive and encouraging friends and family...with the little bit if trouble, and with the fact I am going to have 3 kids under 3!

4.  Liberty and the ABC's.  The other day Libbs was playing with her toys and just being cute.  I caught her trying to sing the ABC song.  Too precious!

5.  Leila's smile.  The girl almost always has a smile on her face.  She's so happy and chatty (although I must say there is a time when I'm not quite so excited about it....at 4 in the morning!!).

6.  Getting the girls' picture taken at Wal-mart.  This is their first professional photo and I am really excited about it.  Strangely enough, we could not get Leila to smile for the photo, but Libbs was smiling away throughout the photo shoot!

7.  A craft day with friends last Saturday.  It's always fun to get together with friends...and doing crafts together is an added bonus!  We had a yummy lunch together as well.  I started working a teddy bear for Liberty with some fun & funky fur I got from Angela.  I can't wait until it's all put together.  Other things I'm working on:  baby shoes, a knit hat for my dad, and a knit shawl.

8.  Easter.  Just reflecting on what Jesus did for each of us.  It is absolutely amazing!

9.  Easter dinner with family.  My great Aunt Ethel had dinner at her house.  It was yummy and a good time with family.

10.  My Backyardigans girl.  Liberty has become almost obsessed with this show!  Sometimes when I turn it on for her she jumps up and down in excitement and yells out "tank too, tank too!"

11.  Finishing the sock monkeys for the girls.  They both seem to like them!

12.  A new recipe.  I cannot think of the name of it right now, so I'll just call it the crock pot chicken meal.  It was so easy and so yummy!  I'll post the recipe some time soon.  I love crock pot meals!!

13.  Funny/cute story:  Liberty was playing with her Mickey & Minnie Mouse toys today and she found a bottle of baby lotion.  She kept asking me to open it and I told her no.  She then ran out to the kitchen and came back with the can opener and proceeded to try to open the lotion with the can opener.  It gave me a good laugh today!

14.  Ahhh...nap time!  Today I am hoping to get a little sewing in and maybe a little shut eye for myself! 

Ok, since my camera battery is dead, I do not have many new pictures to post...I don't think I have any pics to go with the blog today.  Here are a few random photos...

004 008

024 013

018 044

And here are some pics of Leila's first time eat the squash I made for her:

019 028

042

1 comment:

Angela's Space said...

I love reading your blessings! I hope you have a good weekend and hopefully we can get together soon!