Thursday, March 13, 2008

Crazy Nights & Good Reads

First of all, we have had some crazy nights here!  Liberty picked up a bad cold (nasty cough, fever, runny nose, etc), and Jonathan picked up a stomach bug.  Both of them were up a lot during the night the past few days.  Yesterday Leila decided to join the cold ranks, though hers is not nearly as bad as Liberty's.  My dad watched the girls last night so my hubby and I could go out for my birthday.  When we got back Leila was just screaming and didn't stop for a couple HOURS!  I finally did get her to sleep, but she woke up a few hours later hungry (it had been 6 hours since her last feeding), and then proceeded to cry for what seemed like hours (in all actuality, it was about 45 minutes).  Liberty was up several times again, and to top it all of, I caught Jonathan's stomach bug last night!  Needless to say, it has been a bit crazy around here. 

Next on the list....GOOD READS (according to me!).  This first list are books we picked up at the library for Libbs & Leila.

1.  Horse in the Pigpen by Linda Williams - this is Liberty's favorite right now!  It's very cute.

2.  Yes We Can by Sam McBratney - this is my favorite pick :)

3.  The Alphabet from A to Z with Bonus Letter Z by Steve Martin & Roz Chast - Libbs also loves this one...it's very silly.

4.  Tatty Ratty by Helen Cooper

And on to my list...

1.  Susannah's Garden by Debbie Macomber

2.  Happily Ever After & Tying the Knot by Susan May Warren

3.  The Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs - I'm about a third of the way through this book and it's pretty good so far!

4.  Just Beyond the Clouds by Karen Kingsbury

5.  The Parting by Beverly Lewis

6.  In the Company of Secrets by Judith Miller

7.  A Woman After God's Own Heart by Elizabeth George - I just started reading this book and I'm already really enjoying it.

Well, I'm off to take care of those cranky sick babies (myself included!).  Have a blessed day!

No comments: