It's that time again. How quickly the week flies by! We have been busy collecting boxes and packing things we won't need for the next month. It's been 100 degrees or more outside, so we haven't been doing much outdoors!
1. sharing "ice cream." liberty's toy castle has this little torch attached to one of the walls, and libbs thinks it looks like an ice cream cone (i can see that!)....so she likes to pretend to take it off the wall and share "ice cream" with all of us. such an imagination!
2. making progress in packing. we've actually gotten quite a bit packed already and it feels really good. by the time the girls and i fly out, there shouldn't be much left to pack up at all!
3. waking up saturday morning before the girls and laying in bed chatting with my hubby. i love those times!
4. the veggie tales theme song, which liberty loves to listen to over and over...the best part is that she sings along with it every time!
5. these super cute hair bows i found online for the girls. they are homemade and they don't fall out! (although liberty keeps taking hers out, so i have to think of something there!). i got them from Uniquely U Boutique. they are very reasonably priced, too!
6. leila's "dancing." she gets on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth when music is playing. so cute!!
7. this passage from watchman nee's book "the normal christian life," which i think says a lot! he said, "the normal christian life must begin with a very definite "knowing," which is not just knowing something about the truth, nor understanding some important doctrine. it is not intellectual knowledge at all, but an opening of the eyes of the heart to see what we have in Christ." i love that! check out my hubby's blog for more great thoughts on this topic.
8. homemade laundry soap. it's easy to make and cleans great! and it saves money! if you want a nice scent to your clothes, be sure to use a fabric softener. here's how to make the stuff i use (i'm sorry i can't remember what website i found this at!). 1 C super washing soda. 1/2 C borox. 1 bar plain ivory soap grated (i use a small cheese grater). shake all ingredients together in an airtight container. use 1-2 Tbsp per load. enjoy!
9. folding 4 loads of laundry just out of the dryer.
10. the girls and the jumper. both girls get lots of great playtime out of this. liberty loves to swing leila in it....or bury her in blankets. love the giggles that come as a result of playing with this toy!
11. saturday night the girls went to bed great and jonathan and i decided to go to bed early, too....so we could have some extra reading time. every night (or at least most nights), jonathan and i read to each other. he picks a fiction book to read to me, and i pick one to read to him...then we take turns reading chapters to each other. i really love this time...we've been doing it since we were dating (when we were dating we read to each to each other over the phone).12. i have begun the potty training gig with liberty. today is day two. so far she hasn't actually gone in the potty, but she will sit on it every time i ask her to. she just has to figure out what exactly she's supposed to be doing on the potty. i'm just happy she's wanting to sit on the potty at this point!
and here are some extra pics just for fun!12 weeks 3 days
bloggy giveaway site for some fun giveaways this week!!!